Carmel: Carmel Bakery

Before my sister returned to Baltimore for the rest of the summer, we squeezed in one family trip to Carmel and Point Lobos.  Our first stop was Carmel Bakery.

Carmel must be the only place I've ever been to where there are NO ADDRESSES.  Nope.  Not a single house number in sight.  When you try to look up places, all you get are intersections.  Blew my mind.  I suppose that's part of the charm?

The last time my family visited Carmel (without me!), my mother stood at this glass window for a good while, but declined to go in.


My mother was like a kid in a candy store:


She wanted to try everything, but we finally narrowed it down to a parmesan pretzel:


A raspberry fruit stick:


And a walnut rugulash:


My favorite was by far the pretzel.  Very doughy, not very pretzel-like at all.  The fruit stick wasn't all that impressive and the rugulash made me miss CK's sister who makes a really mean rugulash.

Armed with these goodies, we went on to spend the rest of the morning gallivanting up and down Point Lobos.


Carmel Bakery
Ocean Ave & Lincoln
Carmel, CA 93923
(831) 626-8885
http://pepemag.com/category/carmel-bakery/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!