South Bay: Moongate Garden

I don't remember why we were in the Lion Plaza area (grocery shopping maybe?), but after looking around for a place to eat lunch, my family decided on Moongate Garden:


Chinese restaurant names always sound better in Chinese.  Trust me.

Anyway, it was pretty busy inside:


The four of us were seated at a large six-person table and yet we managed to fill the entire surface with dim sum.  My family doesn't get too adventurous with dim sum.  We tend to stick to the usual suspects.

Fried dumplings:


Pan-fried chive dumplings:


Shrimp rice rolls (we always get two because my sister and I love this stuff):


Phoenix claws (my parents always each get one):


Meatballs (not really typical for us, but my mom wanted it):


Tofu skin roll:


Steamed spareribs:


Shaomai:


And finally, shrimp dumplings:


Whew.

Decent dim sum, but nothing spectacular.  Then again...when was the last time I had spectacular dim sum?


Moongate Garden
1678 N Milpitas Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 934-9888

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!