Chicago: Lawrence's Fisheries (Revisited)

My friends have been telling me for a while now that my wardrobe needs some serious help.  I am finally at a point in my life where I can acknowledge that I need to expand beyond T-shirts and jeans.  To be honest, shopping terrifies me.  Things always look good on the mannequin, but look completely different on your own body.  I'm also incredibly cheap, which can be a problem. 

My roommate has given me up as a lost cause, but my SUPER NICE friend was completely gung-ho about accompanying me on an all-day shopping excursion.  She was perky and positive throughout the day and when my energy started flagging, she suggested we take a lunch break. 

Our lunch break took us to Lawrence's Fisheries.  When shopping gets you down, fried seafood is always the answer!

The two of us split 1/2 lb of fried shrimp and 1/2 lb seafood crab cakes:


The shrimp is incredibly plump and succulent.  The crab cakes were good, but I probably wouldn't order them again.  (Nothing really special there.)

We also ordered the whole catfish dinner, which comes with fries, a container of cole slaw, and a biscuit:


The fish was so juicy that I wanted to weep.

Everything is freshly fried at Lawrence's, so you really have to eat it then and there.  Whatever you do, don't pass up on the hot sauce!  I usually abhor hot sauce (that's right, I said abhor), but I make an exception for Lawrence's. 

A big thank you to my friend for sticking with me through my shopping ordeal.  I really appreciate your patience and understanding.  (Is this getting overly dramatic, or is it just me?)

Anyway, with this post, I am now all caught up with my past food adventures.  In the last two weeks, I have moved out of my apartment, said goodbye to my SSA friends who won't be staying in Chicago after graduation, went to DC for my summer internship orientation, moved into a studio in San Francisco, started working at my assigned labor union, and gone home to San Jose for a weekend. Whew!

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to eat out yet.  I did meet up with some old high school friends in DC, but we ordered "janky" Chinese takeout.  I'm embarrassed to even admit to eating that stuff, much less take pictures and post about it.  I haven't gotten around to meeting up with friends in SF yet, but that's all going to change starting tomorrow!  Best friend on Wednesday, middle school friend on Friday, college friend on Saturday, and best friend again on Sunday.  Yay!  Lots of posts coming up!


Lawrence's Fisheries
2120 S Canal St
Chicago, IL 60616
(312) 225-2113
http://lawrencesfisheries.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!