Hong Kong: Toast Box

AF and I said goodbye to LW after surviving the flower market and headed back to our homestay.  I was more than ready to hit the sack, but AF had other ideas.  She wanted to get dinner.  After a long day of meals disguised as snacks, I was stunned by her announcement.

But I went along, because I'm a glutton for punishment.

We walked around a bit before settling on Toast Box:


We didn't figure out until later that we'd entered through the back entrance:


The main entrance is actually inside a mall.  You place your order at the counter and find a table to wait with your number.

Even though I was full to the point of pain, I still ordered a bowl of noodles with luncheon meat and an egg (28 HKD) for myself:


Toast Box hails from Singapore and its menu is made up of Singaporean and Malaysian cuisine.  I was tempted by the laksa and Hainanese chicken rice, but ultimately my curiosity over "luncheon meat" won out.  The luncheon meat turned out to be very similar to Spam.  The noodles and soup base tasted like they were made from an instant noodle bag.

Which may have been the point.  Instant noodles make the best comfort food.

I really should reevaluate my life choices.  I need to learn to say no to food.


Toast Box
Shop B, G/F, JD Mall, 233-239 Nathan Road, Jordan
Hong Kong
2156 9100

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!