Hong Kong: Hong Kong Zai Jyu Daan Wong

At the end of our first day in Hong Kong, CL headed to her grandmother's house and I was ready to head to bed.  AF and T had other ideas.  They wanted to squeeze in one...last...meal.

Which is how we ended up at Hong Kong Zai Jyu Daan Wong, which is conveniently located by our homestay:


If you haven't figured it out by now, our homestay was brilliantly located.  So many food joints right at our fingertips.  If you're looking for a place to stay while you're visiting Hong Kong, Jordan is the place to be.  It's not as crazy as Mong Kok (which feels like Times Square plus the Las Vegas Strip on crack once the sun goes down) and not as expensive as Tsim Sha Tsui (fondly called TST by the locals).

But I digress.  Hong Kong Zai Jyu Daan Wong is a noodle shop.  We started with a cup of hot milk tea (13 HKD):


If you've never had Hong Kong style milk tea before, you need to get on that, honey.  It's nothing like British milk tea or Indian chai or even Taiwanese pearl milk tea.  There's only one word I can think of to describe it: freakin' strong.  Okay, so that's two words.  I stopped taking math in high school.  Anyway, if you're like me, you'll need to add three and a half packets of sugar to make it palatable.

We ordered two bowls of noodles to split between the three of us.  We got the beef combination (29 HKD):


And the dried seaweed with fish balls (32 HKD):


Lots of different beef parts to choose from in the beef combination.  I was very careful to avoid the liver and stick to more tasty bits like tripe.  And while the noodles in the beef combination were very good, I preferred the fish balls, which were very flavorful and chewy.

I was already full before I entered Hong Kong Zai Jyu Daan Wong and I left painfully stuffed.  I definitely had no trouble falling asleep that night.


香港仔魚蛋王
寶靈街18號
Hong Kong
+852 2302 1832

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!