Tri-City: Mizuumi Buffet

If you're getting a feeling that I'm rushing through posts, you would be absolutely correct, you astute cookie, you.  I'm trying to catch up on all my posts because something big is happening in January.  And when I say big, I really mean BIG.

I have a trip planned.  An epic trip.  In January, my friend CK will be getting married in Hua Hin, Thailand.  Since I'm flying all the way to that part of the world, I figured I should make a vacation out of it...and drag my friends and sister with me.  So here's what's on the itinerary: Indonesia, Thailand, and Hong Kong.  Three countries, 18 days.  I can't wait.  I'm sure you can't either.  Heh.

Anyway, back to the present and my mission to be completely caught up before I leave for Southeast Asia.

Whenever my father goes out of the country, my mom and I go crazy and eat out every chance we get.  We're more willing to travel for food than my father, so we seize the opportunity to go to restaurants that my father would find it too great a hassle to get to.

Union City isn't exactly ridiculously far, but it's just far enough that we normally don't make the trek out there.  So while my father was out, my mom, ahyi, and I randomly decided to give Mizuumi Buffet a try:


I always feel really self-conscious about busting out my camera at a buffet.  Which it why it's really rare for me to post photos of the actual buffet counters.  The most I usually get is a general view of the space:


On the blurry side because I took it in a hella shady fashion with my dumb phone.

While I don't have photos of each buffet counter, hopefully these following shots can give you and idea of what's offered at Mizuumi Buffet.  There's sushi:


But no sashimi (only nigiri).  I'm docking points for that.

There's the typical hot food section:


And as is typical, the hot food section isn't all that great.

There's even a Mongolian stir fry counter:


Where you pick what you want and someone cooks it for you.

Of course there's also salad, but I'm not into that, so you're going to have to take my word for it.

And lastly, there's dessert:


I swear.  All Asian buffet restaurants order their desserts from the same place.  They all look the same and taste the same...bleh.

The final verdict?  We weren't all that impressed.  Any Asian buffet claiming to be a sushi and seafood buffet that doesn't serve sashimi is not worth the money ($12.95 for weekend lunch), in my very humble opinion.


Mizuumi Buffet
1604 Decoto Rd
Union City, CA 94587
(510) 324-3999
http://www.mizuumibuffet.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!