South Bay: SJ Omogari Korean Restaurant

When asked what she wanted for her birthday dinner, my mom said Korean tofu. A little detective work on Yelp brought us to Omogari in downtown San Jose:



There was the usual spread of panchan:



According to their website, you can't find this dish anywhere else, so I knew we had to order meat-jun:



Essentially it's slices of marinated beef dipped in egg batter and pan-fried. Think bulgogi wrapped in scrambled egg. It was something new and while tasty, I don't know if it was special enough that I would want a second taste.

My mom was the one who said she wanted tofu, but she somehow ended up ordering the dolsot bibimbap:



As a good daughter, I got the tofu so that my mom could get a bite:



Apparently there was complimentary ice cream, but we didn't know that at the time and turned down the offer, thinking that we would need to pay extra. Argh. If only I'd done more research before we went...

Omogari is a hoppin' place. The service is friendly, the food delicious, and the prices reasonable. I can't say that it's the best Korean food I've ever had, but I certainly wasn't disappointed.


SJ Omogari Korean Restaurant
154 Jackson St
San Jose, CA 95112

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!