San Francisco: Bi-Rite Creamery

The real reason why we trekked out to the Mission was for this:



Bi-Rite Creamery, where the lines are long at all hours of day. And where interesting flavors are abundant and mouthwatering:



I taste tested two flavors before I made my order. I can never bring myself to ask for more than two. I tried the toasted coconut and the ricanelas (cinnamon with snickerdoodles), but for my single size with 2 flavors, I ordered the salted caramel and the brown sugar with ginger caramel swirl:



The coconut was very...coconut-y. The ricanelas not quite what I imagined. (For some reason, I'd hoped that it would taste like a creamy, frozen horchata.) The salted caramel had a bit of a bitter toasted taste to it, which was interesting but not off-putting. The brown sugar was delicious, though I didn't really taste the ginger. I also got to try a bit of my friend's honey lavender, which was bright and fantastic.

A bit on the expensive side for the serving size, but don't let that (or the line) deter you. Definitely worth the trip!


Bi-Rite Creamery
3692 18th St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 626-5600
http://biritecreamery.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!