San Francisco: Nick's Crispy Tacos

I've been wanting to try Nick's Crispy Tacos for a while now, so when we passed by it on our walk to Chinatown from Ghirardelli Square, I roped my best friend into sharing a taco with me despite both of us feeling super full already:



The interior is definitely not what you would expect from the restaurant name and plain exterior. Gotta love the gaudy red and the plushy booth seating...not to mention the row of flat screen TVs broadcasting football games at the bar. Chandeliers abound:



We got the carne asada taco, Nick's way:



Nick's way means an inner crispy shell, a huge dollop of guacamole, and an additional charge of $0.95. The carne asada was a bit dry for me, but I still enjoyed the taco overall.

Still, $5 for a taco is a bit steep. It would be nice to go again when I have more stomach space. Next time, I'll aim for Taco Tuesdays when the tacos are $2 (or $2.95 Nick's way). But apparently happy hour prices don't include the pescado taco, which is the one I really want to try...


Nick's Crispy Tacos
1500 Broadway
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 409-8226

Comments

  1. I just wanted you to know that this made me go "Oh crap." out loud in a class of 15 people. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!