South Bay: Pho Tau Bay

It took two attempts to get pho before I finally succeeded the third time. According to some Vietnamese friends, Pho Tau Bay has the best pho in the area:



Can't have pho without fresh bean sprouts, basil, and lime:



I got the steak and tendon pho:



I remember them serving the steak separately in the past, but I could be wrong. Regardless, the amount (and size) of tendon in the bowl almost brought tears to my eyes:



Have I mentioned how much I love tendon?

Anyway, the pho at Pho Tau Bay is indeed quite delicious, but I'm still torn between it and Kim Long. Kim Long is cheaper with bigger portions...and an extensive non-pho menu. Pho Tau Bay is only a tiny bit more expensive and doesn't have much beyond pho...but the pho is good. Guess it just depends on what you're in the mood for.


Pho Tau Bay
1628 D Hostetter Rd
San Jose, CA 95131
(408) 441-7261

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!