South Bay: La Victoria Taqueria

I swore to myself that I wouldn't leave California until I went to La Victoria:



As I'd expected, La Victoria (fondly known as La Vics) is a happenin' place.  It's located right across the street from San Jose State University, so it draws in a large student crowd.  The interior isn't very big, so seating can be hard to come by:



We bought our food to-go. 

Here's what La Vics is famous for:



ORANGE SAUCE.  The taste is hard to describe.  Smokey, with just a bit of a kick (okay, more than a bit), orange sauce makes everything taste better.  After one taste, it's easy to see what all the fuss is about.  I smothered each bite of my burrito with it:



I got the regular burrito with lengua.  The burrito itself was good, but much more impressive when doused with orange sauce.

Apparently you can buy orange sauce by the bottle.  I'll have to look into that.  Just writing this post is making me crave La Vics again...


La Victoria Taqueria
5015 Almaden Expy
San Jose, CA 95118
(408) 978-7666
http://lavictoriataqueria.net/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!