Chicago: Giordano's Pizzeria

Everyone who visits Chicago wants to have deep-dish pizza. And for good reason. You really can't get deep dish like you can in Chicago anywhere else. But here in Chicago, there are many, many options for deep dish. Every native Chicagoan will swear by a different pizzeria. The big chain ones are: Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, Pizzeria Uno, and Gino's East. Not to mention the numerous other non-chain pizzerias.

My roommate's friends were in town for the weekend, so we met them up at Giordano's. They ordered 3 large pizzas and my roommate and I shared a slice of each.

Here's the sausage:



This is going to be blasphemous, but I don't really find deep dish all that exciting. It's just...pizza but...deeper. The one thing I will say is that the sausage at Giordano's is really, really good.

Here's the spinach:



My second favorite of the night. I'm not going to post a picture of the pepperoni, because you can't really see the pepperoni in the slice...which is probably why I couldn't taste it either.

If you're going for deep dish, skip the pepperoni and get something with sausage in it. And don't worry about not ordering enough. Anyone who can eat more than 2 slices is a hero in my book. I did 1.5 last night and I felt like I wouldn't be able to get up from my seat.


Giordano's Pizzeria
730 N Rush St
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 951-0747
http://www.giordanos.com/

Comments

  1. Boo to your ambivalence to Chicago-style deep dish. Let's definitely go to Burt's Place. It's different from Giordano's, Gino's East, Lou Malnati's, Uno's, and Edwardo's. (Wow I didn't realize there were so many iconic deep dish places until I just listed them all...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!