Chicago: Mario's Italian Lemonade

Now that it's getting warmer, Mario's Italian Lemonade is finally open again for business and people are not wasting any time. I knew that Mario's is popular, but I didn't realize how much so until I saw the 2 monstrous lines branching out from the small storefront:



The good news is that the lines go really fast. Maybe a little too fast for those who can't decide which flavor to choose. I'd seen a lot of Yelp reviews on the watermelon, so that's what I went for:



I got the medium size, which is $2.25. The frozen drink was sour and icy and actually had a watermelon flavor. In fact, there were large chunks of watermelon fruit in the drink.

My friend got a small tutti frutti:



The small is only $1 and it's still quite a lot of frozen lemonade. She also had bits of fruit in hers as well.

I'm definitely coming back to try the multitude of other flavors. The coconut is calling my name. Apparently the peach is really good, but it's only available in August. Ah, summer in Chicago. I love how Mario's uses fresh fruit. Definitely worth braving the lines for.


Mario's Italian Lemonade
1068 W Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60686

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!