Chicago: Roscoe's Sidewalk Cafe

Last night, my friends really wanted to walk around Boystown to see what it's like, so I busted out my maps skills and got us lost by getting onto the wrong L line. Oops. Thank goodness for buses. Well, we managed to make it to Boystown in one piece, but then the greater problem of where to eat arose. The issue was that we weren't really hungry and only one out of the three of us wanted to drink. Despite researching a lot of gay bars online, we ended up at the sidewalk cafe of one:



Roscoe's Sidewalk Cafe is only open during the nicer weather months of the year, which is not surprising given how cold Chicago gets in the winter.

Because I wasn't really hungry, I picked an appetizer that immediately jumped off the menu at me, smothered french fries:



I'd originally ordered the smothered tater tots (tater tots!!), but the kitchen somehow got it mixed up. Our server was really apologetic, but it really wasn't a big deal. Tater tots are fun, but they're basically fries in a different shape. Potatoes with gooey cheese, bacon bits, and green onion...how could that possibly not be delicious?

My friend got the grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich:



I don't think I'll ever have an un-grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich again.

The staff were really nice and the patio seating really cute. The food was good, but not good enough to make me want to try it again. Maybe next time we'll actually make our way into the bar.


Roscoe's Sidewalk Cafe
3356 N Halsted St
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 281-3355
http://www.roscoes.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!