Chicago: Reagle Beagle

There was a reception of sorts at the Museum of Contemporary Art last night hosted by our university. As starving grad students, we were lured there by the promise of free food. The food turned out to be pizza and within minutes of our arrival, we learned an important lesson: starving grad students are nothing compared to starving undergrad students.

Hungry and unsatisfied (and slightly bitter), we decided to venture out and find something to eat that wouldn't be snatched away immediately by 20 grabbing hands. A friend had told us that she was working the bar that night, so that's how we ended up at Reagle Beagle.

Apparently the place used to look like a snapshot from "Three's Company"...but that doesn't mean much to me, as I've never watched the show. Regardless, the bar is now under new management and the interior has been completely revamped:



The Wednesday night special is $4 sangria, imports, and micro brews. Based on my friend's recommendation, we went for the mango sangria:



I'm not much of an alcohol drinker - correction, I don't like the taste of alcohol at all - so don't ask if the sangria was any good or not. My friends seemed to like it, though my roommate seemed to be in the mood for something a little stronger.

There was also another special going on that night: $6 sandwiches. My roommate and I split a chicken pesto:



That's chicken, mushroom, tomato, mozzarella, provolone, pesto mayo, and sourdough. I thought it was pretty good for a $6 sandwich (normally priced at $9). There was plenty of meat and each bite was nice and juicy. The fries were really good, especially with the chipotle sauce my friend advised us to get instead of plain ketchup.

We also decided to split The Reagle BBQ pizza:



I was pretty impressed by the pizza. For $10, that was a lot bigger than I'd thought it would be. I'm a crust kind of girl, so any pizza with a nice doughy crust gets bonus points with me.

Overall, it was a nice way to end the evening. The place was a little empty, but my friend told us that was pretty unusual. I can't attest to the drinks, but if you want some decent food while you're on the Near North side, try out Reagle Beagle. Maybe you'll see my friend working behind the bar.


Reagle Beagle
160 E Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 755-9645
http://www.reaglebeaglechicago.com

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!