South Bay: Mikonos Grill

If you get the feeling that I'm rushing through posts, give yourself a pat on the back.  That would be correct.  I'm leaving for Greece with my family this Wednesday and we won't be back stateside until January.  I'm trying to get as caught up as possible, but it's an uphill battle.

And I have nobody to blame but myself.  Sigh.

Anyway, given our vacation destination, this post is particularly fitting.

When a family friend took my family to Mikonos Grill, I missed out because I had a prior engagement with T.  But when our original lunch plans fell through, my sister helped us order something from Mikonos to go.  I was quite impressed by what we got, so I jumped at the opportunity to go again with the fam:


We placed our order at the counter and then sat down to wait.

My parents were big fans of the fried calamari ($7.49), so of course we had to get that:


Not the biggest of plates, but the calamari was meaty and nicely seasoned.

Each plate came with a choice of two sides.  You could get fries, rice, salad, or soup.  The soup was avgolemono, a lemony chicken concoction:


My sister ordered the veggie plate ($10.99):


It came with falafel, hummus, Greek salad, babaganoush, dolmathes, and pita bread.

My father got the lamb souvlaki plate ($13.99) with rice and soup (not pictured):


While my mother got the meatball plate ($11.99) with fries and salad:


Instead of regular fries, we upgraded to Greek fries (+$2), which meant the addition of garlic and feta.  So freakin' good.

Ahyi decided on the mahi mahi plate ($16.99) with salad and soup:


Whereas I saw a posted sign for the daily special, moussaka ($11.99), and couldn't resist:


I had a bite of everyone's dish (I made them order different things for a reason).  Everything was hearty and delicious.  I especially loved the tzatziki sauce and the pita.  Portion sizes were generous, but the food was so good that we couldn't stop eating and in the end, there was nothing to box home.

Self control has never been our strong suit.

If this is a taste of all the goodness to come in Greece, bring it on!


Mikonos Grill
756 E Calaveras Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 942-6972
http://www.mikonosgrills.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!