Berkeley: Little Star Pizza

My former supervisor MD has been rockin' the retired life by learning how to play the drums in a rock band class.  To support her, my coworkers CK, RW, and I went to see her band's course-end performance early in November.  Since her band wasn't scheduled to perform until 9:00 pm, we went to dinner first at Little Star Pizza:


Being a Wednesday and all, the place was pretty quiet:


While CK and RW got their drink on with some wine, I treated myself to a pomegranate lemonade ($4):


It tasted eerily like salted plum.  Say wut?

The three of us decided to split a salad and a pizza.  For our salad, the goddess ($10 for a medium) sounded the most appetizing:


The baby gem lettuce was dressed with creamy pesto and topped with toasted almonds and chives.  Super simple, yet super delicious.  Now, I'm not a salad person.  But even I enjoyed the goddess.  That says a lot.

For our pizza, we got a large thin crust ($29) and asked for half pesto chicken and half classic:


The pesto chicken half came with garlic-infused olive oil, roasted chicken, mushrooms, onions, and pesto (no surprise there).  The classic included sausage, mushrooms, onions, and green bell peppers.  The crust was very thin and was so crispy as to be almost cracker-like.  While I wasn't mad at it, it still made me crave a thick, doughy crust.

Little Star is actually known for its deep dish pizza, but we didn't think we would be able to finish one.  And honestly, I'm skeptical of all deep dish outside of Chicago.  But maybe I should be more open-minded and give Little Star a chance to prove itself. 

Next time.

MD's band killed their set later that night.  My coworkers and I screamed like the fangirls we were.  I don't usually like to hang out past my bedtime, but it was worth it to see MD rocking her heart out.

You go, girl!


Little Star Pizza
1181 Solano Ave
Albany, CA 94706
(510) 526-7827
https://www.littlestarpizza.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!