South Bay: Boiling Point

It's no big secret that I'm not a fan of hot pot.  But it's not to the point that I would revolt should the majority vote for it.  I'm all for democracy, yo.  (Though I much prefer an oligarchy.)

So when PC and AT wanted to get Boiling Point, I went without protest.  At least outwardly:


Ever since it opened by my house, Boiling Pot has been bumpin:


I appreciated how easy they made the waiting system.  There's a tablet by the front door.  Just punch in your party size and a printer will spit out a receipt with a number on it.  Then, wait for your number to be called.

I also appreciated how your hot pot comes with a free iced tea (only offered at lunch), either green or black.  I went with black.  Like my soul:


It's not great tea, mind you.  But it's free.  So who cares?

Another thing I appreciated about Boiling Point (I'm trying to be positive, okay?) was the individual pots.  I hate when people put things into the pot that flavor the soup base in a way that I don't like.  I prefer TOTAL CONTROL. 

Maybe I'm more tyranny than oligarchy after all.

There are a couple soup bases on the menu, such as Thai fusion and Japanese miso.  You can then choose how spicy you want it to be.  I went for the House special ($13.75 for a small) because I'm basic like that:


The house special was...fine.  I enjoyed the egg.  There was one thing, however, that weirded me out.  See the little ball at 12:00?  Apparently it's the wasabi rice ball.  It was filled with this strange yellow oozy center, the flavor of which confused me.  Greatly.

Weird rice ball aside, the rest of the pot was fairly normal.  There was napa cabbage, fermented tofu, pork, intestine, clam, enoki mushroom, quail egg, fish cake, meatball, preserved veggie, and tomato.  It also came with a bowl of rice.

Would I go back?  Not of my own volition.  But to be fair, it's not the worst hot pot in the world.  So if my friends really wanted to go, I wouldn't throw a tantrum.

At least not outwardly.


Boiling Point
1698 Hostetter Rd, Ste E
San Jose, CA 95131
(408) 600-3672
http://www.bpgroupusa.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!