United Kingdom: Est Caffe

I'm finally at the end!  Over months after I came back from Europe, I'm finally writing my last post from that trip.  

Wow.  I'm so behind.

Okay, let's move on before I start depressing myself with all the post-Europe posts I need to catch up on.

T and I left Portugal long before the sun rose in the sky.  We stopped at Heathrow Airport in London just long enough to grab lunch at Est Caffe: 


It wasn't a decision we made lightly.  T and I must have walked up and down that stupid terminal three times before we finally put our big girl pants on and picked a place.

The reason why we chose Est Caffe was because we didn't want to eat anything too heavy.  I think T was a little taken aback by my quick agreement to ordering a salad:


The insalata di spinaci (9.95 €) consisted of baby spinach, roasted sweet peppers, grilled artichokes, grilled mushrooms, baby gem leaves, tomato, and avocado drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with pine nuts and marinated olives.

For something a bit more filling, we added a mozzarella e prosciutto focaccia sandwich (8.25 €):


After eating so much rich food during our two weeks in Europe, it was nice to just...have a salad.

Can't say it was the best salad or the best sandwich I ever had, but it wasn't bad.  Not bad at all.

So ended my grand European adventure.  Four countries in two weeks, mouthwatering food experiences, and countless, countless memories.  Travel plans are already in the works for next year, but in the meantime...gotta catch up!


Est Caffe
Heathrow Airport
Terminal 1
London, UK
+44 (0)20 8897 1278

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!