San Francisco: Koo

Sorry for the long delay between posts.  My only excuse is...quite a good one actually.  My laptop, Toshibaba, finally decided to give out on me.  She was on her last leg for a while now, so I'm more surprised by the fact that she lasted as long as she did. 

Long story short, I'm now laptop-less and have to make do with stealing computer time on my father's desktop.

Available computer time is also cut short by the start of the new season of The Voice.  Heh.  Priorities.

All excuses aside, I'm back with a new post.  Unfortunately, rather than moving forward as I wanted to, I actually have to go back in time.  Again.  A while back, Queen G asked me for some brunch recommendations in the City.  I thought of a place I went to last fall and did a quick search on my blog (yes, on my own blog), only to discover that - gasp - I'd never posted about it. 

Wut.

A bit more searching revealed that I forgot to post about an entire weekend in San Francisco.  Unforgivable.

I now bring you a post from what I'm calling "The Lost Weekend", starting with Koo:



After work, I zipped on over across the Bay and met up with AF and T for dinner.

The place was pretty busy:


The three of us decided to split an order of fried calamari:


The calamari at Koo was corn breaded and served with corn verde salsa.  Quite interesting.

We also split three rolls.  With a name like Best Roll, we really had no choice but to give it a try:


It included tempura asparagus and avocado and was topped with salmon and thin slices of lemon.

The Tokyo Crunch came with spicy tenkasu, hamachi, unagi, cucumber, and wasabi tobiko:


For the life of me, I can't remember what the hell this roll was:


Two out of three isn't bad, right?  Right.

I do remember being satisfied with the meal though.  The ingredients were fresh, the rolls weren't boring, the service was attentive, and the price was pretty reasonable.  I wouldn't go out of my way to go back, but I certainly wouldn't mind a second visit.


Koo
408 Irving St
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415) 731-7077
http://www.sushikoo.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!