Chicago: Grahamwich (Revisited)

As a savory respite between Doughnut Vault and Hendrickx Belgian Bread Crafter, my best friend and I stopped by Grahamwich:


It was a fairly busy lunch hour:


I finally took a peek down the stairs and based on my observations...there is no additional seating downstairs.  Bummer.  So instead, we grabbed two spots at the counter and waited for our food:


I'd been to Grahamwich only once before, but I didn't get to try any of the savory offerings then.  To make up for that, on this trip I made my best friend split a sandwich and a bag of popcorn with me.

The g'wich popcorn comes tossed in grated parmesan, chopped chives, sea salt, cracked pepper, and truffle oil:


My best friend isn't really a meat-eater (gasp, I know), so we compromised on the grilled cheese, which comes with Wisconsin cheddar, a tiny bit of Italian proscuitto, tomato marmalade, and cheese curds on a pullman loaf:


The sandwich was a great mix of sweet and salty.  The bread was nicely toasted and the cheese was super gooey.  Very good, but worth $7?  I don't know about that.

My best friend loved the popcorn, even the day after.  The smell of the truffle oil was intoxicating, almost a little too much for me.

I can finally cross Grahamwich off my list now.  Not sure if I'll be back anytime soon, but it is indeed a convenient and relatively cheap food option in the River North area.


Grahamwich
615 N State St
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 265-0434
http://www.grahamwich.com/gw.php

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!