Chicago: Cookie Bar

When my best friend and I took a leisurely stroll through Lincoln Park, I suggested that we stop by Cookie Bar for some snacks to enjoy later:


The interior was a little too industrial for my tastes, but the cookie selection looked awesome:


Instead of eating our cookies then and there, we took them to North Ave Beach because, hey, that's how we roll.

First up was the Mackenzie:


The Mackenzie is basically a smorgasbord of everything you can possibly imagine going into a cookie: oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chips, coconut, caramel, banana chips, potato chips, and cheerios.  

We definitely couldn't NOT try the jalapeño chocolate chip:


The skeptical part of me doubted that the jalapeño would even be noticeable.  Boy was I wrong.  The kick was there all right.

For our third cookie, we went with the Lisa Marie Presley:


It's a peanut butter cookie with peanut butter cups, milk chocolate chunks, banana chips, and if that wasn't enough, there's even more peanut butter.  

Of the three, I think my favorite was the Lisa Marie.  It was a bit crumblier than the other two, but the peanut butter was super rich.  I didn't taste any banana, though that may have helped it in my book.  

The cookies at Cookie Bar are $1.25 each and $12 for a dozen.  I was tempted to go for a dozen, but ultimately figured that wouldn't be consistent with my New Year's resolution to do things in moderation.  (Not like I've been making any progress on that resolution anyway.)

We went to Cookie Bar two weeks ago and it wasn't until maybe last week (long after my best friend went home to California), that I received notice that Cookie Bar now has an alter ego: Dirty Betty's.  Now on weekdays from 7:00 to 10:00am and all day Saturdays, Cookie Bar/Dirty Betty's offers donuts.  

Guh.  Why couldn't Dirty Betty's have opened just a week earlier?


Cookie Bar
2475 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 348-0300
http://cookiebaronline.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!