New York: Takahachi Bakery

Before heading back to my friend's apartment, my sister and I decided to take a quick walk through the financial district. I forced my sister to make a little pit stop at Takahachi Bakery since it was along the way:



I read about Takahachi Bakery online and while it wasn't on my absolutely-must-go-or-be-a-complete-failure list, it definitely made it onto my if-ever-nearby-should-go list.

Takahachi Bakery is a Japanese bakery (as if you couldn't tell by the name). As with most Japanese establishments, everything was clean and beautifully presented:



Everything has a uniquely Japanese twist, such as orange wasabi cake or takoyaki bread. What I came for was the miso almond cookie:



The miso was subtle but very much present, creating that perfect contrast between sweet and savory. I lovedLOVEDloved it.

What's cool about Takahachi Bakery is that there's a huge window in the back that allows you to watch what's cooking in the kitchen. I was really tempted by a lot of the offerings, particularly the breads and sandwiches.

Takahachi Bakery has definitely been bumped up from my if-ever-nearby-should-go list to my detour-worthy list.


Takahachi Bakery
25 Murray St
New York, NY 10007
(212) 791-5550

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!