Chicago: Fish Bar (Revisited)

Fish Bar is quickly becoming one of my favorite places in the city...and I've only been there twice. Last Thursday for my "date night" with my friend, we held out for a really, really late dinner. My roommate had a networking event, so we picked her up after it was over and zoomed right on over to Fish Bar.

Luckily there wasn't a line at all, which was probably due to the rainy weather. Upon entering we were warmly greeted by our favorite server, Marina. Her side of the bar was packed, unfortunately, but the server we ended up with was just as friendly.

The three of us split 2 oyster po' boys. There was no way we were leaving without having the BEST FRIED OYSTER ON EARTH. Still the best.

We also ordered some fried Eastern belly clams (not pictured here because we demolished it before I even thought to take out my camera). I'm now a believer of anything fried at Fish Bar. Such light breading! Not a hint of greasiness! Melt in your mouth magic! Now if only the serving sizes were bigger...

We finally got to try the codfish sandwich:



Very good...but nowhere as spectacular as the oyster po' boy. I'm starting to think that nothing will be able that compare to oyster po' boy.

Even though she wasn't our server, Marina brought over these little guys on the house:



Not sure what they were exactly, but they tasted damn good.

Love Fish Bar. Love the oyster po' boy. Love Marina. (She ran out to give us all hugs while we were leaving. How sweet is that?) If you haven't checked out Fish Bar yet, you're sooooo missing out.


Fish Bar
2956 N Sheffield Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 687-8177

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!