New York: Gray's Papaya

I was playing around with my phone the other day when I came across these pictures. I can't believe I forgot about going to Gray's Papaya during my New York trip! I didn't realize I'd left my camera's memory card at home that day until my sister and I were already inside Gray's Papaya and ready to dig in. I felt so dumb that morning. Thank goodness my phone takes some pretty awesome quality photographs.

Not that that really matters much when I just end up forgetting the photos in my phone.

Anyway, my sister is a big papaya drink fan, so I brought her to Gray's Papaya:



It's insane inside, which is part of its charm:



The walls are plastered with colorful signs and paper fruits hang from the ceiling.

The two of us split the "Recession Special", which includes 2 hot dogs and 1 drink for $4.45. There were so many tropical concoctions to choose from, but we finally settled on the papaya drink and added a coconut champagne on the side:



The hot dogs are pretty small, which is why the special comes with two:



Everything on it means onions, sauerkraut, and some mysterious red sauce that's sweet and tangy.

Nothing fancy, but it does the job.

After wolfing down the hot dogs, I dragged my sister back to my friend's apartment to fetch my memory card. Good thing we had a early start that day, so we could afford the little setback.


Gray's Papaya
2090 Broadway
New York, NY 10023
(212) 799-0243

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!