Chicago: Medici Bakery

When we still had some time to kill before class after finishing our sandwiches at Z&H, my friends and I walked next door to the bakery portion of Medici. I hadn't been back to Medici since the early days when I still didn't have internet at my apartment:



I used to only buy orange juice to justify sitting inside for an hour, so it was nice to finally try some of Medici's array of baked goods. This is only a tiny snapshot out of everything that Medici has to offer:



I was eyeing the pain au chocolat the moment I walked in the door:



Rich chocolate, flaky dough....perfect.

We managed to snag the last peach pastry:



And we also split a carrot muffin:



My friend wanted to be a part of my blog and I figured it wouldn't hurt to feature his elegant, finely-shaped finger. So there it is.


Medici Bakery
1327 E 57th St
Chicago, IL 60637
(773) 667-7394

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!