Chicago: The Nile Restaurant

Back in Chicago again. Returning to school has really put a crimp in my food adventures, but alas, there's not much I can do about it. To celebrate (or bemoan) the start of our 2L year, my law girls and I met up at The Nile for dinner:



The pita came warm and without much ado:



The pita went well with our lentil soup (the lemon goes a long way):



My friend and I split the combination platter, which included shish kabab beef, chicken shawarma, shish taouk (chicken), and kafta kabab (kind of a ground lamb and beef sausage):



I particularly liked the kafta kabab and the shish taouk was a close second. The rest of the meats were a bit dry for my tastes. The kafta kabab was very meaty and cooked just right (meaning not cooked to death) and the shish taouk was surprisingly juicy. The potatoes on the side had a lemony edge that was quite nice.

The food is definitely decent at The Nile, but the service leaves much to be desired. Our server just about rolled her eyes at us while we were trying to figure out which dish belonged to whom and the extra pita we asked for at the beginning of our meal didn't come until everyone was done eating.

Unfortunately, you can't be too choosy here in Hyde Park.


The Nile Restaurant
1611 E 55th St
Chicago, IL 60615
(773) 324-9499

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!