Chicago: Crisp

We left Del Seoul thoroughly unsatisfied, but our mood cheered considerably when we realized that Crisp was only a couple blocks up the street. Helloooooo, round two:



I've never been to Crisp when it hasn't been busy, but we've always managed to grab a spot at one of the communal tables. All the same, I wouldn't recommend going in a large group. Bring just enough people so that you can send a few to order at the counter (no tip!) and leave the others to scout for available seats:



Crisp is known for its Korean fried chicken. My favorite is the Seoul Sassy:



The batter is thick and crispy and coated in sticky sweet goodness. I love it so much that I gnaw on every part of the chicken wing.

The other flavors consist of Crisp BBQ, which is a bit too spicy for me, and Plain Jane, which I've never tried. You can also get the entire chicken (or half) if you wished. I think that chicken wings provide the best batter/sauce to chicken proportions.

Crisp is also the home of the Buddha Bowl (essentially bibimbap). While quite tasty, it's nowhere as special as the chicken. To save on stomach space, I usually pass on the bowls.

Three cheers for Crisp for saving the night!


Crisp
2940 N Broadway Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 697-7610
http://www.crisponline.com

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!