Chicago: Del Seoul

Korean tacos have finally made it to the Midwest! We'd heard the buzz about Del Seoul before it was even open for business:



Given it was a Friday night, we really shouldn't have been surprised by the line:



You place your order and wait for your food at the table. Easier said than done. Tables are limited, so you really have to draw on your inner ninja to be able to snag one right when someone is leaving. Even if you're lucky enough to get a table, you'll have to endure the cramped space and line of people breathing down your neck.

My roommate and I started off with a kalbi taco and a spicy pork one ($2.50 each):



Looks good, right? Well, my roommate makes better. Nothing really stood out, not the meat, not the chili-garlic salsa, the cilantro-onion relish, nor the "secret slaw". My roommate's Asian tacos are way more exciting in comparison.

I was really excited about the kimchi and pork belly fries:



Pork belly, kimchi salsa, caramelized onions, scallions, sour cream, cheddar, and jack...like carne asada fries but Korean. Awesome...in theory. Yes, it was tasty, but nowhere as mind-blowing or as addictive as carne asada fries. The pork belly was thin and almost unnoticeable and for $6.95, there just wasn't much food there.

As a sort of filler, we also ordered the dumplings:



Yea...not incredibly memorable.

We left Del Seoul rather disappointed and very much unsatisfied. Next time I have a craving for Korean tacos, I'll be making them at home (or more accurately, I'll ask my roommate to make them for me).


Del Seoul
2568 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 248-4227

Comments

  1. I want Grace to live with me. That is what this post has taught me. That, and I need to find a place that does carne asada fries here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!