Chicago: Flub A Dub Chub's

Back in Chicago, Sundays meant church followed by good food with my girls.  EK had been craving hot dogs for a while.  Good friend that I am, I looked up a hot dog joint we could go to.  Ok, that's a lie.  I was wanting burgers so I was actually looking up burger places.  It just happened that Flub A Dub Chub's also serves hot dogs.  

But I am still a good friend, I swear.  I texted photos to EK when I went to Superdawg with CK a week prior.  Heh.  Apparently, I wasn't the only one who sent her hot dog photos.  EK's lucky to have so many awesome friends.

I actually narrowed my burger search down to two places, Bad Apple and Flub A Dub Chub's.  When I left the choice up to the girls, the response was pretty much unanimous: "There's a place called Flub A Dub Chub's?!"  Easiest decision ever made:


Located slightly underground, it's easy to walk right past Flub A Dub Chub's.

We placed our order inside and then grabbed a table outside:


The staff at Flub A Dub Chub's were some of the kindest I've ever met.  The lady who worked the counter was almost mother-like in her care of us.  She insisted that we enjoy the sun outside and brought our food out to us.

EK and JH split a hot dog and a burger between them and Goddess C and I did the same.

I accidentally ordered the Mr. Big Footlong:


We actually wanted the Ultimate Mr. Big, which comes with chili and cheese.  Oh well.  I would never turn down a classic Chicago-style dog.  Especially one that's a foot long.

For our burger, we got the Woody, which comes with portabella mushrooms and swiss:


Yum.  A pretty basic burger, true, but very well executed.  Love the pretzel bun.

The fries were pretty damn good too.

Love Flub A Dub Chub's.  Awesome food, awesome name.  Wish I'd discovered it earlier.


3021 N Broadway
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 857-6500
http://www.flubadubchub.com/

Comments

  1. truly a good friend..... =_=
    i meeeeeeeeeeeesh youuuuuuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!