Chicago: Patel's Cafe

We weren't ready to leave Devon St immediately after lunch at Uru Swati, so we walked around a bit to find some dessert or refreshment.  We quickly came across Patel's Cafe, which CK and I first noticed when we were looking for parking:


Fresh fruit abound:


EK ordered a sugar cane juice:


Whereas most of the rest of us went with the coconut juice:


I have lots of fond childhood memories of drinking coconut juice straight from the coconut.  Except instead of chopping off the top, my father always drilled a hole using a screwdriver and a hammer.  Good times.  We used to hack the coconut open and eat the flesh too.

After Devon St, we spent the next couple of hours lounging by the lake, catching some sun, and generally just cracking ourselves up (we tend to do that a lot).  I love my Chicago girls and I miss them already!


Patel's Cafe
2600 W Devon Ave
Chicago, IL 60645
(773) 262-0100
http://www.patelscafe.com/

Comments

  1. I've always wondered about Patel's. I live about a mile from there (down by Loyola) and while I've eaten my way up & down Deveon, that's one of the few places I haven't been to yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!