Chicago: Slurping Turtle

Goddess C and I went out for ramen one day at Slurping Turtle:


Goddess C had been there before, but it was my first time.  She watched and giggled as I struggled to figure out how to get into the restaurant.  If you don't know what I mean, you'll see.  I'm not going to make it easy for you.  (Insert evil cackle.)

The restaurant was quite spacious and modern:


There was a random anime being played behind the bar, but I might have been the only person in the entire place even remotely interested in it.

Both Goddess C and I ordered the tonkotsu ramen:


Our server told us it's the most popular ramen at Slurping Turtle.  I found it to be pretty decent, but I'm far from being a ramen expert.  The egg noodle came in a pork broth with braised pork shoulder and pickled mustard greens.  Pickled mustard greens always make me happy.

An egg would've been nice, I think.  But don't mind me.  I'm a hardcore egg fanatic.

Overall, a filling meal, though a bit pricey for my tastes.  $13 for a bowl seems a little steep.  Then again, I don't remember how much ramen typically costs back in the Bay anymore.  Regardless, given how I only have a week and a half left in Chicago, I doubt I'll be back.  Sorry, Slurping Turtle.


Slurping Turtle
116 W Hubbard St
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 464-0466
http://slurpingturtle.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!