Chicago: Coalfire

Though finals were over, with daily bar prep lectures and assignments, it certainly didn't feel like we were done with law school.  Days that should have been spent tanning at the lake were instead spent in front of computers learning actual law for the first time.  

People laugh when I tell them how utterly painful doing Barbri (the bar prep course) is.  I'm not sure they realize that I'm completely serious.  It.  Is.  PAINFUL.  As in someone-please-come-and-put-me-out-of-my-misery painful.

At least I know that I'm not alone.  The entire class of 2012 is suffering along with me.  Heh.

After one particularly long day of Barbri, a couple of us really needed an escape.  We found it at Coalfire, where we gathered for dinner:


It was pretty busy in spite of the slight drizzle outside:


The four of us split two pizzas.  There was the margherita, which apparently is Coalfire's most popular pizza:


And the fiorentino, which layered roasted red peppers on top of hot calabrese salami:


I liked the margherita more.  While the sweetness of the red peppers on the fiorentino was nice, I would have preferred the peppers to be a bit more...roasted and less raw in texture.

The Coalfire staff were super passionate about their pizzas.  I could tell this from their enthusiastic descriptions of their favorites and from the pictures they took for us (where the focus was on the pizzas and the tops of everyone's heads were cut off).  And for good reason.  Not the best pizzas I've ever had, but certainly very good.

All in all, Coalfire provided the perfect place not only for us to take a very much needed break, but also to rant and rail against Barbri.  I love pity parties.


Coalfire
1321 W Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
(312) 226-2625
http://www.coalfirechicago.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!