Chicago: Erwin

As a really belated birthday celebration for CK, her boyfriend arranged a brunch at Erwin:


Since everyone present were couples except for me, I had no one to share food with.  Sadness.  Instead, I had to order a french toast for myself:


The french toast was supposedly banana-cinnamon, but I certainly didn't taste it.  Blandest french toast I've ever had.  Blech.

The whole reason why CK wanted to check out Erwin was their sour cherry pie:


Good crust, but it tasted like any other cherry pie.  Hooray for birthday candle though!

Erwin was kind of disappointing, but the company sure wasn't.  CK's family is a riot and we all had a great time just telling stories and laughing.

Apparently CK's penchant for going overboard when it comes to food is at least partly hereditary and not wholly a byproduct of her long-term relationship with her boyfriend (who eats like a beast).  After Erwin, we went straight to Fish Bar and after Fish Bar, we hopped right on over to DMK Burger Bar.  These people are insane.


Erwin
2925 N Halsted St
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 528-7200
http://www.erwincafe.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!