New York: Twin Donut

After brunch at Indian Road Cafe, MB was suddenly in the mood for donuts.  I wasn't about to discourage her.  I kind of wanted something sweet too.  Nana mentioned that there was a donut shop just down the street and that she had the best donuts there.

The donut shop she was talking about turned out to be Twin Donut:


The selection looked pretty promising:


MB placed her order first.  I had already paid for my sister's pick when I heard MB exclaim in displeasure.  She'd gotten some kind of custard filled long john and GOOD LORD IT WAS DISGUSTING.

I didn't know it was possible to make donuts that nasty.  I was really starting to regret buying the cream cheese and berry pastry we did:



Just as bad.  Ugh.

My sister didn't seem to mind though.  She finished off everything, including the long john MB got.

Nana later clarified that what she'd meant by "best donut" was in fact "best donut after starving all day in the hospital emergency room."  Could have told us that BEFORE we forked over our cash, Nana.

Warning to all who pass by a Twin Donut: CRAP DONUTS.  DO NOT ENTER.


Twin Donut
5099 Broadway
New York, NY 10034
http://twindonutplus.com/

Comments

  1. CLARIFICATION: I WAS IN THE ER FOR A FRIEND FOR NEARLY 17 HOURS AND HAD NO FOOD OR DRINK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cozy place. I may visit one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!