Chicago: Do-Rite Donuts (Revisited)

SY decided at the very last minute to do a surprise visit to Chicago.  It was great to have her back in the Windy City again, even if it was just for a few days.

SY wanted to try some new places that'd opened up after she left so we went to Do-Rite with EK for some donut lovin'.  We must have lost our minds, because we ordered half a dozen donuts for the three of us.

I've already raved about the old fashioned and the pistachio in a previous post on Do-Rite, so I'll spare you all and skip to the new stuff.

First there was the Valrhona chocolate:


Super decadent chocolate.  Yum.

We also got the candied maple bacon:


The bacon was great, but I'm just not a fan of French crullers.  It's like eating air.

The carrot cake was interesting:


Love the cream cheese.

The Boston creme pie wasn't my favorite:


EK cut into it before I could take a picture.  Shame on you, EK!  I've trained you better than that!  Anyway, failed friend aside, I wish the creme wasn't almond flavored.  I've never like almond flavoring...too much like eating potpourri.

In the end, my favorites remained the same: the old fashioned and the pistachio-meyer lemon.  They're so phenomenal that I don't think Do-Rite will ever be able to top them.

EK had to go to work after we demolished the donuts, but I was lucky enough to spend the rest of the day with SY.  We shopped downtown, then bought some sandwiches to-go from PQM for a late, late lunch with EK at her work.  SY and I ended the day with some banana pudding at Magnolia Bakery.

Whew.  So much food in one day!  I love it when friends come to visit...if only it weren't so detrimental to my waistline...


Do-Rite Donuts
50 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 488-2483
http://www.doritedonuts.com/

Comments

  1. way to shame me on your blog, i will never commit such an act again. I'M SORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!