New York: Indian Road Cafe (Revisited)

Nana has been regaling us with stories about how she and DS massacre the all-you-can-drink mimosas almost every weekend at Indian Road Cafe during brunch.  I half believed her.  The thing about having friends in theater is you never know how much is real and how much is dramatic flair.  

I should have known better than to doubt her.

The carafes kept on coming:


I lost count of how many glasses each of them drank, but I'm pretty sure they drank their money's worth ($14 for bottomless mimosas with the purchase of an entree).  Every time we heard a champagne bottle pop, we knew it was for our table.

Nana got the IRC chopped salad as an appetizer:


I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I really liked the salad.  It had chickpeas, green beans, avocado, olives, greens and herbed croutons, all doused in a white balsamic vinaigrette.

My sister and I split two entrees.  My sister chose the Seaman Ave trucker's breakfast because she wanted a little of everything:


It came with french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, toast, and fruit.  Nothing super impressive, but all decent.

I enjoyed the Indian Road chili con carne much more:


I could have done without the rice, but the chili was fantastic.

Now that I've been to Indian Road Cafe for dinner and brunch, I think I can say that I prefer the dinner menu more.  The brunch options are good, but it's really the bottomless mimosas that make it worth the trip.

Nana and DS have gone to Indian Road Cafe for brunch so often that they have a server they always request by name.  Judging by how their mimosa glasses were never half empty, I can understand why.

I'm quite envious of Nana.  I've always wanted to be a "regular" somewhere.  It's a little late for me to find a place like that in Chicago, given how I'll be graduating in a month, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for whatever city I end up in next.


Indian Road Cafe
600 W 218 St
New York, NY 10034
(212) 942-7451
http://indianroadcafe.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!