Chicago: Publican Quality Meats (Revisited)

FINALS ARE OOOOOVER!!!  Hooray!  CK and I celebrated by getting McDonald's (two Big Macs for $5!) and watching back-to-back episodes of River Monsters (beware the Ballcutter!).  I apologize for all the exclamation marks, but I just finished finals, so I think I'm entitled to a couple.  No!  A whole post worth!

Now that I'm officially on spring break, I should start blogging in earnest to catch up on everything before I leave for a week of nonstop eating and really fall hopelessly behind.

No more stalling.  Here's another post about PQM because yes, I did go back.  And yes, about two weeks after my first visit.  What can I do?  I can't stay away!

Queen G almost got us $200/lb prosciutto, but we were saved by a kind tap to the price tag.  Whew!  I love meat, but not THAT much.  Instead, we were recommended a much, much, much cheaper variety:


So beautiful.  All lined up in a row.  Just waiting to enter my mouth.

We'd been dying to try the "butcher's meal" cocido.  Meant for two people, it includes a platter of veggies, a hunk of warm bread, and a cute little dutch oven:


The lid comes off and you're greeted with the gorgeous sight of smoked chorizo, braised beef, blood sausage, chickpeas, and potatoes:



Look me in the eyes and tell me that doesn't make your mouth water.  I never knew I liked blood sausage until PQM.  Now, I LOVE IT.  So juicy!  So flavorful!  Another thing that I love is how PQM never gyps you on meat.  You definitely get your money's worth.  And more.

PQM has yet to disappoint me.  (Though to be fair, I've only been twice.)  Hooray for my new favorite place in Chicago!


Publican Quality Meats
825 W Fulton Market
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 445-8977
http://publicanqualitymeats.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!