Chicago: Publican Quality Meats

I should have known this would happen.  I know myself.  Of course I would use blogging as a way to escape from studying even when my first final is only two days away.  I'm probably the worst law student in existence.  My parents would shake their heads in disapproval if they knew.  

Oh, who am I kidding?  They know me better than I know myself.  They would probably be surprised if I DIDN'T try to get out of doing actual work.

And since I've decided to own up to this serious character flaw, I suppose there's no point in feeling guilty about it, right?  

Food takes precedence over school.  Thus, instead of reading about trusts and estates, I'm going to tell you all about my new favorite restaurant in Chicago, Publican Quality Meats:   


The newest brainchild of Paul Kahan, PQM is part charcuterie, part restaurant, and part specialty grocery store:


Despite sharing an apartment for two years and being her faithful "hubby," I wasn't Queen G's first choice in dining companion.  Apparently I'm closer to number five.  A big thank you to numbers one through four for turning down Queen G's late lunch invite!  If not for you four, it would have taken me much longer to discover this awesome place.

Queen G was running a little late, so I tasked with the ordering.  It took me a while to tear my eyes from the mouthwatering cuts of meats displayed at the counter and finally focus on the menu.  With some help from a friendly charcutier, I got us the ribolitta, a chunky Tuscan bread soup:


The cannellini beans were a bit too al dente for me, but as a whole, the soup with its kale, pancetta broth, and torn pieces of bread was super hearty and incredibly rich in flavor.

The two of us also split two sandwiches, the first of which being the lamb meatball sandwich:


Lamb meatballs in bravas sauce nestled in a toasted frank 'n dawgs lobster roll and topped with shepard's hope cheese, cabbage, and mint.  How can a meatball sandwich taste so...refreshing?

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to the best sandwich I've ever had.  That's right.  No caveats necessary.  Even better than my beloved oyster po'boy from Fish Bar.  Gasp.  I know.  I'm totally serious.

Drum roll, please!  Without further ado, here is the "train to Tuscany":


Isn't it gorgeous?  This elegant masterpiece consists of thin slices of PQM salami on foccaccia with ricotta, puntarella, honey, and moscatel vinegar.  Words cannot describe how divine this sandwich is.  You simply have to try it to understand.

Both sandwiches came with a side of housemade chips, which were pretty damn delicious as well.

Queen G is quickly on her way to being a regular.  I don't have the social skills to ever measure up to her, but I'm entirely content to order a sandwich and quietly enjoy it by the window.

PQM, I heart you.  I heart you deeply.  Be mine.

Oh, and your bathroom is pretty sweet too.


Publican Quality Meats
825 W Fulton Market
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 445-8977
http://publicanqualitymeats.com/

Comments

  1. Though i am new here, it seems i was looking for such a post. It feels very good to be here right now. That is why i am posting my comment.Let's have a look on my site whether it is helpful or not. Thanks to all. See you next time.



    Gourmet Secrets in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve desired to post about something similar to this on one of my blogs and this has given me an idea. I’ve really found out a great deal studying this site. Plainly especially excellent content here.



    Gourmet Secrets in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!