Chicago: Publican Quality Meats (Revisited Again)

After my final on Monday, there was really no way that I was going to be even remotely productive for the rest of the day.  Even though I had another final coming up on Tuesday.

Instead, CK and I went to meet up with CK's boyfriend before our dinner reservations at Girl & the Goat.  We had some time to kill, so since we were in the area, why not drop by PQM for some pre-dinner snacks?:  


Yes.  I went again.  Yes, this is my third post on PQM.  No shame, remember?

Our pre-dinner snack turned out to be the cold charcuterie spread ($19):


Five different kinds of meat, all prepared in new, innovative ways.  I wish I'd paid more attention when we were walked through each one, but alas, it's all a blur.  There was a duck with jam, a turkey with foie gras, a pork belly, some kind of meat spread with gochujang (Korean chili paste), and one other topped with a crunchy salad.

Fail, I know.  But believe me when I say that everything was ridiculously delicious.

CK was really curious about the head cheeses and we sampled two kinds before deciding on the one that tasted like salsa:


The cilantro in it really gave it a refreshing burst of flavor.  I don't remember what it's called, but ask for the head cheese that tastes like salsa!

I can't get over how much I love PQM.  I know you're all tired of me gushing over it, so I'll try to refrain from writing any additional posts on it.  Three is enough.

Unless I try something else there that blows my mind.  No promises.


Publican Quality Meats
825 W Fulton Market
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 445-8977
http://publicanqualitymeats.com/

Comments

  1. All the contents you provide in post is too good and useful . I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks for sharing.




    Gourmet Secrets in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!