Boston: Flour Bakery + Cafe

A long, long time ago, I watched an episode of "Throwdown! With Bobby Flay" where a Harvard grad trounced Bobby Flay with her signature sticky buns.  (I love it when Bobby Flay loses.)  Joanne Chang really left an impression on me because: 1) she's Chinese and 2) she graduated Harvard with a degree in Applied Mathematics and Economics, but went on to become a pastry chef.  How cool is that?

So when we finally committed to visiting Boston over spring break, I knew I had to stop by Flour Bakery + Cafe.  There are three locations in Boston.  We swung by the South End one after lunch at Blunch:  


So many goodies to choose from:


But of course, we had to go with the sticky bun:


We carried our sticky bun with us to Boston Common, where we enjoyed it while watching a game of Quidditch.  Yea.  You read that right.  Quidditch.  People actually buy broomsticks, set up hoops, and throw balls at each other.  According to my sister, there are actually hardcore Quidditch TEAMS that COMPETE.  What the hell?

Sorry.  Got off track for a minute there.  The sticky bun.  Was.  Awesome.  Dark, sticky caramel with toasted pecans...my sister was a bit skeptical at first but she changed her tune with one bite.  I can only imagine how much more delicious it would be if we had it warm.

...

Quidditch?!


Flour Bakery + Cafe
1595 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118
(617) 267-4300
http://www.flourbakery.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!