Chicago: Do-Rite Donuts

On our first official day of spring break, CK and I went to check out the new donut joint in town.  We'd been reading about Do-Rite Donuts for weeks and were so excited to finally try it that we almost walked past it:


How tiny the interior is only makes the array of donuts offered that much more mind-blowing:


I was tempted to try one of everything.  I had to wrestle with my inner pig, but CK embraced hers and ordered half a dozen right off the bat:


Sadly, the box got a little abuse from our walk around downtown.  I'm sure CK and her boyfriend enjoyed them all the same.  Clockwise from the upper left corner: maple and bacon, pistachio, carrot cake, peanut butter and jelly bullseye, buttermilk old fashioned, and classic raspberry filled.

That box aside, CK and I selected three other donuts to share.  There was the coconut custard:


The pistachio with meyer lemon glaze:


And the buttermilk old fashioned:


I can't decide which one I liked more, the pistachio or the old fashioned.  Both were fantabulous.  The lemon glaze on the pistachio was light and refreshing and the pistachio bits added a nice, nutty crunch.  Meanwhile, the old fashioned was just a good, solid donut.

I can, however, choose between Doughnut Vault and Do-Rite.  For me, Do-Rite wins hands down.  Unlike Doughnut Vault, none of the Do-Rite donuts were overly sweet.  Not to mention there was no two hour line.

Definitely not the cheapest donuts around, but every donut at Do-Rite both looked and sounded incredibly interesting.  I honestly want to try every single one.  Guess this means I'll just have to make multiple trips back...that, or release my inner pig.


Do-Rite Donuts
50 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 488-2483
http://www.doritedonuts.com/

Comments

  1. I work a few blocks from Do-Rite, but still haven't been there. I sooo need to get one of those pistachio donuts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!