South Bay: Sizzling Stone

Sizzling Stone had just opened up in the area and Ahyi wanted to check it out, so we went to give it a try one Thursday afternoon:


The setup was very much like a Korean Chipotle:


You choose what kind of bowl you want (regular or sizzling stone...or in taco form if you don't want a bowl at all) then proceed to go down the counter, pointing out all the things you want in your bowl, and pay at the end:


Like Chipotle, you have a choice between certain types of meat (beef, spicy beef, pork, spicy pork, chicken and tofu...which isn't a meat) and then get your pick of the salad bar.  Plus $1 for an "organic" egg.  Unlike Chipotle, your bowl gets heated on the stovetop and brought to your table once it's done.

There's also a sauce bar, where you can choose what you want to drown your bowl in:


There's the original spicy (essentially gochujang), teriyaki sauce, thai curry, and sweet spicy curry (basically Asian curry):


Here's what my bowl (sizzling stone, of course) looked like pre-sauce and pre-mixing:


Kinda pitiful, I know.  My aversion to veggies is to blame.  I should have gotten my money's worth and asked for everything on that damn salad bar.  Which is pretty much what everyone else did:


While I only asked for white rice, you can also ask for brown rice, black rice, or noodles...or a mix:


Frankly, I wasn't all that impressed.  I like my bibimbap made with a variety of panchan.  This raw salad stuff didn't appeal to me one bit.

While some people might like the experience, Americanized bibimbap doesn't do anything for me at all.  I think I'll just stick with Chipotle.


Sizzling Stone
510 Barber Ln
Milpitas, CA 95035

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!