South Bay: California Sourdough

Travelling yesterday was a nightmare, and while I just wanted to sleep in today, school doesn't wait for anyone.  The good news is that I've made it back to Chicago (eventually) and have some free time between classes for a quick post.

California Sourdough has been at the Murphy and Oakland Rd intersection for as long as I can remember.  But despite it being within walking distance from my house, I am ashamed to admit that I never looked into it until this winter break when a friend of my sister and me arranged to meet us there:


Apparently I've been missing out on a hidden local gem like an idiot for years.  California Sourdough has a line out the door whenever it's open, which is basically weekdays during lunch hours (11:00am - 2:30pm).  The line moves quickly though because of the very efficient staff:


I got the German salami:


My sister went with the classic, which includes roast beef, Canadian ham, and turkey:


Every sandwich comes on freshly baked sourdough bread with tomato, lettuce, mayo, mustard, and swiss cheese and costs $6.90.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love sourdough?  If I haven't brace yourself because I love sourdough with a FIERY PASSION and the sourdough at California Sourdough is the BOMB DIGGITY.  Seriously.  I would've enjoyed the sandwich even if there was nothing inside it...though I guess it wouldn't be called a sandwich then.  You know what I mean.  Perfect crust, doughy interior...I WANT SOME NOW.

I can't believe I've been passing by this place for years and never went in.  I'm an ABSOLUTE IDIOT.


California Sourdough
1150 Murphy Ave
San Jose, CA 95131
(408) 437-1045

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!