South Bay: Pizza Antica

If my day had gone as planned, I would currently be on my way back to Chicago.  Instead, I stuck sitting in the San Jose airport for another hour.  Damn fog for causing flight delays and cancellations.

Since I now have plenty of free time and I'm sick of working on my research paper, I finally decided to empty my camera and sort through my photos.  And thanks to free wifi at the airport, I can further occupy my time by blogging.

Since AF was heading home for the holidays and CL was taking off for Turkey, we seized the first chance we had to get together.  I chose the cuisine (Italian), AF chose the location (San Jose), and CL chose the restaurant.

Even though I live in San Jose and I've shopped at Valley Fair Mall multiple times, I've never really explored Santana Row across the street.  It took a little map scanning, but AF and I eventually found our way to Pizza Antica:


We didn't have a reservation, but it was a Tuesday night and the wait wasn't bad.  We were told 45 minutes, so to pass the time, AF and I did a bit of shopping.  We were in Anthropologie when CL joined us.  The check out line was atrocious (with the awesome sale going on, what could you expect?), so we were afraid that we would miss our table.

Luckily for us, we were led straight in:


To start, we ordered the bruschetta:


It was topped with golden beets, watercress, gorgonzola butter, and walnuts.  The bread itself was interesting and nutty, but it wasn't enough to overpower my dislike of beets.

We decided to choose two pizzas, one large and one small.  Our small one was the spicy fennel sausage, portobello mushroom, and roasted onion:


The mushroom made it doubly meaty and delicious.

Since our server exclaimed that the three cheeses, shaved broccoli, caramelized onion, and pancetta pizza was her absolute favorite, we made that one our large:


The pizza had a surprisingly sweet touch to it, thanks to the broccoli.  Between the two pizzas, I am hard pressed to pick a favorite.  Both were amazingly good.

The three of us mowed through the pizza and had a fabulous time chatting it up.  Because we hardly get to meet up anymore, the time I do get with my Berk girls is always precious.  Good food, good friends, what more can a girl ask for?

Looks like my plane is going to board soon.  The next time I post I'll be back in Chicago!


Pizza Antica
334 Santana Row
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 557-8373
http://pizzaantica.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!