Oakland: Pintoh

I met up with my Chicago girls one evening after work.  I'd walked past Pintoh many times, but never ventured inside until then:


SY was running a bit late due to traffic, so VN and I got started on some happy hour appetizers.  Every day from 5:00 to 6:30pm, Pintoh's happy hour lets you get $1 off all snacks and various deals on their alcohol.  I couldn't care less about the alcohol, so I just focused on the snacks.

Since SY doesn't eat red meat, VN and I took advantage of her absence to order the kiew wan roti ($8):


The crispy roti came topped with skirt steak and green curry sauce.

We also got the look chin too ($8) or deep fried fishballs on a stick:


Those two snacks managed to tide us over until SY joined us.  Then we proceeded to get serious.

I am a huge fan of larb, so I always gravitate toward it when it's on the menu:


Pintoh's larb gai ($11) came with minced chicken, roasted rice powder, chili flakes, cilantro, shallots, mint, kaffir lime leaves, and lime juice.

We also ordered the khao mun gai ($12.50) or chicken rice:


And the pad thai with shrimp ($13):


If you work downtown in Oakland, Pintoh is a great place to stop by for a quick lunch or for an after-work gathering.  The prices reflect its downtown location, but it won't exactly break the bank.  The service is quick, the tablecloths colorful, and the food decent.  What more can you ask for?

If our office hadn't moved to Jack London Square, I could see myself stopping by Pintoh more often.


Pintoh
1442 Franklin St
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 823-2370
https://pintohthai.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!