South Bay: Tasty Pot

During Tasty Pot's grand opening, there was a Yelp special that allowed Yelp Elite members to get one free pot for themselves and one for a friend.  I'm might not be a Yelp Elite, but Abby is.  And guess who she brought as her plus one?  Moi.  Yea-uh!

Now, anyone who knows me knows that hot pot and I are not friends.  But I'm definitely not one to turn down free food, so away to Tasty Pot we went:


I might not be a fan of hot pot, but a lot of people certainly are, judging by the occupied tables at Tasty Pot that night:


Ordering at Tasty Pot is simple.  You choose which pot you want and how spicy you want it.  Next you choose whether you want rice or vermicelli noodles to go with it.  Abby went with the noodles, while I, as per usual, asked for rice:


I ordered the Thai pot (regularly $17.99):


It came with all sorts of seafood, including mussel, shrimp, and crab.

Abby ordered the cheesy milk (typically $14.99):


It sounded really strange, but it tasted actually pretty mild.  The pot came filled with Taiwanese cabbage, pork, mini sausage, enoki mushroom, tomato, corn, broccoli, king oyster mushroom, quail egg, cheese, bamboo shoots, soft tofu, imitation crab, fish fillet, fish tofu, and Japanese fish cake.

The Yelp special also allowed us to add on a free drink with our hot pot.  We tried the Hokkaido milk tea (usually $4.75) and the regular pearl milk tea (usually $4.50):


To be honest, neither of us were too wild about Tasty Pot's drinks.  They both tasted really watered down.  I didn't bother to finish mine, which is absurd for me since it was free.

For a hot pot hater, I wasn't mad at Tasty Pot.  I wouldn't necessarily suggest it when deciding where to eat, but I wouldn't be completely devastated if my friends wanted to go.

That's high praise for hot pot coming from me.


Tasty Pot
222 Barber Ct
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 922-0722
https://www.tastypotusa.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!