Japan: Afternoon Tea Tearoom

We had just enough time before our flight home from Japan to squeeze in some last minute shopping at Tokyo Skytree.  Before the three of us split to do our own browsing, we had a delightful brunch at Afternoon Tea:


The restaurant was empty when we arrived:


There were three dishes on their seasonal menu, so we figured we would just order one of each to get a taste of everything.

Each meal came with a choice of beverage.  I'm not a coffee drinker, so I went with tea:


The three seasonal dishes included a tomato cream sauce pasta with smoked bacon and veggies (¥1300 / $12.12):


This was my first time having lotus root in a pasta and I must say that I wasn't mad at it.

The pasta came with a cute little bun in a basket:


My personal favorite was the hashed beef gratin with root veggies (¥1380 / $12.86):


I'm a sucker for anything with potatoes in it.

The most photogenic, however, was the grilled sandwich with smoky egg and bacon (¥1280 / $11.93):


Now that's one gorgeous cross section.

For an extra ¥530 ($4.94), we added desserts onto two of our dishes.  We got the mont blanc (¥680 / $6.34 a la carte):


CK loved the chestnut puree, but I preferred the strawberry shortcake (¥700 / $6.53 a la carte):


It looked like a lot of cream, but it was actually super light with just a bit of tang from the strawberries.  So lovely.

It wasn't the most Japanese-ish note to end our Tokyo trip on, but we did make up for it by getting Yoshinoya at the airport.

And that, my friends, is the last post from my trip to Japan and Korea back in September.  You would think with all this time at home thanks to COVID-19, I would have made more progress on this blog.  Instead, I'm still eight months behind.  Ugh.

At least I haven't been able to eat out as much since shelter-in-place began.  Hopefully that means I'll be able to catch up on my posts soon.  Maybe.

Hope springs eternal though!


Afternoon Tea Tearoom
東京都墨田区押上1-1-2 東京ソラマチ 3F
03-6658-5332
https://www.afternoon-tea.net/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!