San Francisco: The Lucky Pig

Remember when meeting up with friends after work was a thing?  Ah, yes.  The good old days pre-Corona.

For VN's birthday back in October, SY and I met up with her at The Lucky Pig for dinner:


The neighborhood was a bit rough, but nothing too concerning.  The restaurant itself was pretty empty for a Friday night:


No Korean meal is complete without banchan:


The banchan offerings at The Lucky Pig were pretty basic, but nothing to be mad at.

Each entree came with the choice of brown or white rice:


As well as a bowl of soup:


The three of us split a pa jeon or seafood pancake ($10):


It was thicker than I'm used to seeing and fluffy with a crispy outside.

Buddae jjigae ($16), literally "army stew" in English, is super comforting on cold days:


The stew was filled with kimchi, spam, sausage, bean sprouts, enoki mushrooms, baked beans, cheese, and ramen noodles.

Since SY doesn't eat red meat, we also ordered the dak jjim ($17):


The braised chicken came on a bed of glass noodles, carrots, and potatoes.  The sauce was slightly sweet and delicious on rice.

Everything was good, but not so memorable to make me want to trek to the city just to have it again.  The portions were a bit small for the price point, but that's city prices for ya.  Maybe if I lived in the city, I would venture in again but alas, I think I'll stick to my go-to Korean restaurants down in the South Bay.


The Lucky Pig
791 O'Farrell St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 999-2628
https://www.theluckypigsf.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!