Taiwan: Tiger Sugar

Brown sugar boba has been all the rage recently and one of the most prominent brown sugar bobas is Tiger Sugar.  Tiger Sugar hasn't opened in the Bay yet, but it has made its way to NYC. 

Alas, that's still a bit too far for us, so we when we had a chance to check it out in the motherland, we took it:


There was a tiny line, but we got our brown sugar boba milk with cream mousse (55 NT) in no time.  Of course we had to snap our photo before shaking it the recommended 15 times:


That's right.  55 NT.  That's $1.77 compared to the $5.50 they charge in New York.  Booyah.

Forget the price.  Let's focus on how it tasted.  Brown sugar boba milk has always been one of my favorite drinks (even before the recent craze).  The brown sugar syrup flavors the milk so that it's caramelly and delicious.

Tiger Sugar apparently has an ultra secret recipe for their brown sugar boba and while I don't necessarily understand what makes one brown sugar boba different from the next, I can say with confidence that not only is Tiger Sugar obscenely aesthetically pleasing, its boba is legit good.  The cream mousse is supposed to add a creaminess (and slight cheesiness?) to the drink, but without trying a brown sugar boba milk without it, I have nothing to compare it to.  All I know is that of the many brown sugar bobas I had on my trip, Tiger Sugar was one of the better ones.

I'm sorry.  I have to go back to the price.  $1.77!!  Can you blame us for gorging ourselves on pearl tea whenever we visit Taiwan?!


老虎堂
萬華區西寧南路50巷15-1號
02-2381-7188
https://tigersugar.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!